Uganda is a signatory to or abides by the following key international maritime conventions and these are given effect for EASR ships.
- Safety of Life at Sea Convention 1974 and the 1988 Protocol.
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. 1972
- MARPOL 1978 Annex I
- MARPOL 1978 Annex II
- MARPOL 1978 Annex III
- MARPOL 1978 Annex IV
- MARPOL 1978 Annex V
- MARPOL protocol 1997 Annex VI
- Load Line 1966 and amendments and protocol of 1988
- Tonnage 1969.
- CLC protocol 1992.
- Fund protocol 1992
- STCW 1978 and amendments.
- Bunkers 2001